Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Mike's Solo Work

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Mudd's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2004
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Most of the rumors have been that the next album would be a solo one. So this is news. You may want to post that as a new topic to see if others have other info.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member cc327's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2005
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know about you guys, but the solo records came out when I was jonesing hard for some new Social D, especially a tour. I still really enjoy the solo stuff.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member tsalvers's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cheating At Solitaire was Mike's finest hour. I don't think any of his other albums come close lyrically (well maybe WL), and the individuality of each song on the record is unmatched by any SxDx album.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member ScottMoore's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2004
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ...My Car:
    As far as I'm concerned with Dennis, Maurer and Chuck gone, this newer version of Social Distortion is The Mike Ness Band performing Social Distortion songs. Therefore, in my opinion, from here on out all new recordings ARE "solo" work.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">It's funny because, except for Johnny, this lineup IS the Mike Ness Band. Brent and Charlie both played on his solo tour. I can't remember his name but they should bring the guitar player from the solo tour on the road. Remember him? He had the tightest jeans I've ever seen on a man. That guy was pure cowboy. Anyways, bring him out and he and Johnny can swap out alternating Social D and Mike Ness band or Mike could open up for Social D with his solo band. LOL

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Midwest Sick Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2005
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As far as I'm concerned Mike Ness IS Social Distortion, no matter who else is in the band, yeah, I miss the previous members, but Social D will always be Social D as long as Mike is at the helm. (By the way just because I miss Dennis,John,and Chuck dosn't mean I don't like Jonny,Charlie,and Brent, they are great musicians and Jonny and Charlie are great guys, I have not met Brent, but I'm sure he's great too, maybe this tour.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •